Monday, November 22, 2010

Extra, extra, read all about it!

Almost three months ago I resigned from my position as a staff photographer at the Wichita Eagle....so, what have I been doing?

Our wedding business is growing and this fall has been a sign of some good things that are coming. We shot a beautiful traditional Pakistan wedding that was very cool, as well as two others that were just as awesome.

I have started my commercial side of business and just finished a project that gave me complete control of the shoots. Awesome! My client list is growing as I have got the chance to shoot for some pretty cool companies.

Of course I have to shoot sports to be happy and I have got to keep my hand in that for several different publications, but my teaching has been the most satisfying of all of the stuff I am doing. Workshops in KC, here and other places are really lots of fun. I trained a 12 year-old this summer, so far she has won first and third place at the Kansas State Fair and first place and third place at Botanica in their annual contest. This makes me VERY happy!

Needless to say I have been busy, and I love my new gig, love it. I miss the newspaper, but this new chapter is something that I have wanted for quite sometime. My family has been so supportive, I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment